We understand that affordable healthcare is important in our nation, so our goal is to provide chiropractic care to every man, woman, and child in the Des Moines metro to help make our community the lovely, bright, healthy community we know it to be.

We accept the following forms of payment:

  • Cash*

  • Check

  • Visa, Discover, MasterCard, & American Express

  • Payment via your Flex Spending Account or Health Savings Accounts

Shine Chiropractic & Dr. Rebecca Lake do not accept insurance, nor do we file insurance paperwork on your behalf. We do this to keep costs & fees low for everyone. Rendering services this way means that you don’t need to worry about the escalating costs of deductibles or co-insurance payments, because quality chiropractic care is often times less than the cost of most co-payments.

However, upon request, we can provide a detailed receipt for services performed for you to self-submit to your insurance carriers.

If you'd like to submit yourself, please check out the links below for the proper forms, or your carrier can supply you with the proper forms upon request.

If you are covered by insurance in any form, we will provide you with a diagnostic receipt called a superbill that will help you receive payment from your carrier.

To submit yourself, the member claim process can be easy. Take a look at these steps:

  • At the end of your appointment, you pay us. Then we give you a superbill that contains the codes for you to make a claim with your insurance company. Once you submit your Member Claim, your insurance company will reimburse you directly based on your chiropractic coverage.

  • First and foremost, you need to get a member claim form from your insurance company. We have a few insurance companies below that provide a direct link to the claim form. If your insurance company is not listed below, you can conduct Google search for your "Insurance Company Name- Member Claim Form."

    • So for example, if your insurance is United Health Care, you would search for United Health Care Claim Form, and it should pop up in the search results as a downloadable pdf form.

    • If you are unable to find your form, please let us know and we can find it for you.

  • Once you find your member claim form, transfer the information from the superbill that we gave you to the member claim form - and then mail it to your insurance company. If you have difficulties with any part of this insurance process- let us know and we can help you as much as we can.

If your insurance company is listed, you can click on their link to open a window with the Claim Form needed to complete your insurance claim.